The Island Hammock Pet Hospital is looking for the right candidate with several years of experience to help us continue to grow and achieve our goals of providing exemplary medicine to our patients and outstanding service to our clients. We are a fast growing, three doctor companion animal practice located in Key Largo, Florida. We offer a strong compensation package, an experienced staff and a rewarding work environment. We operate an AAHA accredited, state of the art facility and utilize efficient business practices. You can learn more about us at www.IHPH.net. The fabulous Florida Keys offers some of the best fishing and SCUBA diving available in North America. Island life is a laid back, semi-rural lifestyle. All of the advantages of a large metropolitan area are within a 45 minute drive. If you love the water and sun, the Florida Keys is a great place to live. To learn more about the position, please send your resume to careers@IHPH.net.
What we will require from you: 1. Possess a genuine love of and compassion for animals 2. Possess exemplary companion animal medical skills, experience, be willing to learn new skills and proactively stay current with changes in Veterinary medicine 3. That you practice the highest standard of medicine, consistent with hospital processes, procedures and protocols 4. Have several years experience working in a private practice 5. Promote and evangelize Preventative Medicine and Animal Wellness 6. Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to interact, listen to and effectively influence clients 7. Counsel clients in a consultative manner 8. Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to do whatever is necessary to provide exemplary care to our patients and outstanding customer service to our clients 9. Be able to effectively manage a busy schedule and manage hospital resources efficiently 10. Be a team leader and proactively direct and guide staff as needed 11. Be willing to be a stakeholder in the business 12. Be willing to take emergency call on a regular basis 13. Be willing to work weekends 14. Be comfortable with a computer and be willing to master our paperless practice management system 15. Ability to effectively promote yourself in conjunction with promoting the hospital 16. Possess physical strength and endurance needed to work in a fast paced and physically demanding environment 17. A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree 18. License in good standing with the State of Florida veterinary board. 19. License with the Drug Enforcement Agency 20. Competencies with standard medical equipment 21. Competently perform routine surgeries 22. Initiate and maintain detailed medical records 23. Project and present the highest degree of professionalism at the practice and in the community
What you can expect from us: 1. A well managed, growing, progressive and profitable practice 2. An excellent compensation package that is based on pay for performance 3. An environment where you can excel at your skills, grow professionally, directly contribute to the success of the practice and be rewarded for your contribution 4. Business practices and an internal culture that is consistent with what we require from you 5. A progressive, happy, productive and rewarding work environment 6. A well trained and experienced staff 7. A staff that is committed to providing the highest quality medical care available 8. A staff that will view you as a leader, a mentor, a coach and a colleague 9. A staff that allows you to focus on practicing medicine 10. A staff where every member works hard and smart, and works towards the same goals that you do 11. A state of the art, new facility with new equipment and an efficient hospital design 12. A practice that is AAHA accredited and is committed to maintaining its accreditation
About Island Hammock Pet Hospital
At Island Hammock Pet Hospital, we strive to provide the best quality medical care available at the lowest cost possible with a dedication to excellence and compassion in animal medicine. We achieve this by:
1. Practicing preventative medicine and animal wellness.
2. Consulting with our clients to inform and educate best practices to maintain the health of their pet, understand what medical care options are available to their pets and what the costs of those options are.
3. Employing the best, brightest, committed and compassionate people available. We invest in our team to provide career opportunities, an ideal work environment where they can excel and we support their continued education.
4. Establishing and maintaining our accreditation with the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Veterinary hospitals accredited by AAHA must demonstrate an exceptional level of medical care and client service. Our accreditation demonstrates our commitment to meeting the highest standards of veterinary care when caring for your pet.
5. Using state of the art medical equipment, tools and processes that help us provide excellent medicine at reduced costs.
6. Providing a ...state of the art facility that strives to make our patients feel comfortable when they visit us and aids in patient convalescence.
7. Being an environmentally conscious facility, where energy efficiency, water conservation and recycling are a standard part of our business practices.
Please note: AAV does NOT provide medical information to the public on this site or via phone, email or social media sites. Please visit the find a vet directory to locate a veterinarian in your community.