Gateway Animal Hospital and Best Friends Animal Hospital are currently seeking an associate to join our customer and patient care teams. We are looking for someone who wants to strive to grow professionally in all areas of veterinary medicine, while aspiring to provide personal, accountable customer care for our clients. In addition, we are looking for a veterinarian that has special areas of interest that we can help grow through focused development in training and continuing education courses. This individual would divide their time between our two hospitals.
Both practices are located in Statesboro, Georgia and have a combined 11,000 square feet of fully equipped hospitals. The practices are fully integrated and we utilize technology for communication and support for our clients. We have very strong technical staffs that are well trained in diagnostic sampling, nursing skills, and client communication. We are looking for an associate that wants to come to our home and be a part of our culture.
Statesboro is a growing community only an hour from Savannah. Home to Georgia Southern University, Statesboro has a unique atmosphere with a hometown feel. This charming city has lots to do and see whether you are a history buff, outdoor enthusiast, shopper or foodie!
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
401(k) retirement savings plan
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Georgia
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
Please note: AAV does NOT provide medical information to the public on this site or via phone, email or social media sites. Please visit the find a vet directory to locate a veterinarian in your community.