Come join the amazing team at Melton Veterinary Hospital! We are looking for an Associate Veterinarian who shares our values, looking for a place to grow and interested in leadership opportunities. Melton Veterinary Hospital has been in business for over 30 years and our clients and their babies (whether dog, cat or horse) are like family. We are a well-loved, 3-doctor, mixed animal hospital that provides high quality care, state-of-the-art equipment and excellent service to a large client base near the Monroe/ Sterlington area. Our modern, large facility offers ultrasound, digital x-ray, laser therapy and high-speed equipment plus a tenured support team. If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding career, apply and help us continue to provide the best care for dogs, cats and horses in Northeast Louisiana and Southeast Arkansas.
In addition to a flexible schedule and great work/life balance, competitive salary and benefits (health, 401k, CE, etc.), we are also offering a relocation and sign-on bonus. Experienced and new graduates are welcome to apply!
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Louisiana
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Please note: AAV does NOT provide medical information to the public on this site or via phone, email or social media sites. Please visit the find a vet directory to locate a veterinarian in your community.