Are you a veterinarian that enjoys practicing autonomous, high quality medicine? Are you someone that would thrive in a role where you will provide excellent patient and client service? Does the idea of fostering a collaborative team culture sound fun to you? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Petco is seeking veterinarians for our new full-service Vetco Total Care hospital locations in Illinois. These general practice hospitals are located inside select Petco stores in the Chicago area including Clybourn, Shorewood, Elmhurst, and North Riverside. Also recruiting for our Highland, IN location.These veterinarian positions are patient-focused roles: no management or supervisory duties!
Work-Life Balance (no emergency, on-calls or overnights)
Competitive Salary plus Production Bonus
Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
Generous Paid Time Off- 3 weeks and 7 paid holidays!
Patient-Focused Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform routine and complex surgical procedures including (but not limited): spays/neuters, abdominal exploratory and mass removals.
• Perform routine and complex dental procedures including full dental examination,
evaluation of dental radiographs, as well as simple and complex extractions and oral surgical procedures
• Develop treatment plans for patients undergoing day hospitalization based on
complete problem-based assessment. Transition patients to overnight care as needed and communicate effectively with referral hospitals in order to ensure continuity of patient care
Requirements and Licensure
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school or its equivalent
• Active licensure as a veterinarian without contingencies in the state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by state date
• Current DEA license
• Current Controlled Substance License, if applicable, in state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by state date
• USDA Category I Accreditation or completion within two months of hire date
• Must be comfortable performing anesthesia and routine surgeries including but not limited to: canine and feline spays, neuters, mass removals and dentals
Learn more about Petco
With more than 50 years of service to pet parents, Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that obsesses about delivering health and happy experiences for pets and the people who love them. We do this by providing the products, services, education and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy.
Everything we do is guided by our vision:
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has invested more than $200 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, help find homes for more than 400,000 animals every year.
If interested in learning more, email: Lindsay.Cropper@petco.com or call/text: 858-692-8904
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
About Petco Animal Supplies, Inc
With more than 50 years of service to pet parents, Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that obsesses about delivering health and happy experiences for pets and the people who love them. We do this by providing the products, services, education and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. Everything we do is guided by our vision:Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
Please note: AAV does NOT provide medical information to the public on this site or via phone, email or social media sites. Please visit the find a vet directory to locate a veterinarian in your community.